DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
We are seeking an Operations Engineer to provide operational support for Windows, VMWare, Cloud and Storage systems. Members of the Core Infrastructure Services team are dedicated to providing reliable, flexible services which are utilized by the entire firm for many business-critical activities.
- Administer core infrastructure services including Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, Exchange, VMware, Horizon, RemoteApp, SCCM/SCOM, security patching, mail filtering, certificates, load balancers, and monitoring platforms.
- Support enterprise and software-defined storage systems, backup/recovery and compliance products and processes, file servers and permissions.
- Provide support for cloud services such as O365 / Exchange Online / AWS / Azure / GCP / etc.
- Support planned and ad-hoc changes initiated within and outside the team.
- Triage and work through a ticket queue to ensure SLAs are met.
- Deploy physical and virtual Windows servers, VMWare host servers, and storage
- General administration of shared folders, group policy, DNS records, VM deployments, storage expansions, data migrations and cleanup, cloud account provisioning, and various other day-to-day activities.
- Implement automation and scripting to reduce manual tasks and provide proactive alerting to get ahead of outages.
- Document systems and specialized configurations for ease of support within the team.
- 3+ years of experience administering Windows Server or VMWare and associated services.
- Experience using scripting technologies (i.e. PowerShell).
- Knowledge of network protocols and technologies.
- Experience maintaining/deploying/configuring server hardware and deploying virtual machines.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve production problems while making sensible decisions in times of stress.
- Previous experience working in the trading industry a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have excellent documentation and knowledge management skills, passion for turning ad-hoc actions into documented, repeatable processes.
- Proven ability to learn; passion for new technologies.
- Be part of a 24x7 support team with on-call rotation.
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.