DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
As an Equities Operations Specialist - Settlements, you’ll provide support to a group of trading desks based in London. This is an opportunity to solve challenging problems while working closely with experienced traders and software engineers to choose the right tools and solutions for the job.
- Own and manage the settlement workflow with a primary and critical focus on ETF creations/redemptions and DVP settlements arising from DRW’s institutional trading activity
- Process ADR conversions/cancellations and brokered/done away trades
- Provide support for confirmation workflow via CTM and bilaterally with counterparties as needed
- Ensure proper handling of corporate actions and related entitlements
- Work alongside traders to fully support execution workflow
- Trade capture for all non-equity products related to the desks’ activity such as fixed income and FX
- Trade and position reconciliation with clearing firms, prime brokers and bilateral counterparties
- Gain mastery of the firm’s proprietary trade capture and inventory management necessary to support each desk’s activity
- Act as process super-user for current systems, providing critical support and advice regarding needed enhancements to technology, workflows and processes necessary for the London operation
- Act as process super-user for current workflows, resolving issues that may arise between internal groups at DRW and multiple external exchanges, clearers, and counterparties
- Liaise with technical personnel to secure proper support and coverage for ongoing operations as well as procure enhancements for insufficient or new workflows
- Focus on process efficiency, risk reduction, and alignment with DRW standards
- 3+ years middle office/back office operations experience in an equities trading environment
- A background in European equities; ideally with exposure to supporting other ancillary products at a proprietary trading firm, hedge fund or other buy-side organization
- Additional experience with fixed income and other products preferred
- Substantial prior interaction with the front office and senior management in an active trading environment
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, another quantitative field or material equivalent exposure
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to analyze problems, synthesize and implement solutions thereto
- Demonstrated ability to own and navigate technical issues and interact successfully with technology personnel
- A strong background in MS Excel required
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.