DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With nearly 1,000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
DRW is looking for an outstanding Senior Software Engineer to join one of our trading desks. In this role, you will focus on designing, building, and implementing trading applications and tools. You will be an integral member of an algorithmic trading team comprising experienced technologists, quantitative researchers, and traders. Your team will work closely to solve challenging technological problems and contribute to our full tech stack, from hardware and software development to devops, testing and release management. We are looking for talented programmers eager to develop new technologies that directly impact our business.
- Perform full life cycle development of applications and libraries for exchange gateways, trading strategy execution, risk management, trade reporting and market data feed processing using C++
- Develop and maintain systems to ensure application performance, integrity and reliability for maintaining maximal up-time, and logging and traceability to aid in the support of mission-critical production systems
- Collaborate with quantitative researchers and traders on strategy development
- Design, develop, and deploy software using agile methodologies
- Guide junior engineers on best practices through mentoring, pair programming, and code reviews
- Provide production support, maintenance and performance improvements of existing systems
- Evaluate new technology and improve our technology stack
- 10+ years of experience developing high-availability server-side systems, preferably in C++
- 3+ years of experience using any combination of the modern C++ (14/17/20) standards"
- A background in multi-threaded programming and a strong understanding of hardware/software interaction
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and strong practical knowledge of computer science, especially algorithms, data structures, distributed systems and concurrency.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Nice to haves:
- Experience working in the trading industry or another latency-sensitive business that involves solving complex and novel problems
- Experience with numerical computing and/or working with Quantitative Researchers
- Experience with full life-cycle software development utilizing exotic hardware/software architectures
- Detailed understanding of TCP, UDP, IPV4 and related hardware/software
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.