DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
We are searching for a talented Network Project Specialist to join our network provisioning team. In this role, you’ll harness your networking knowledge, project management skills, and vendor management experience to lead critical network initiatives and drive them through to successful completion.
- Gather and translate business requirements into connectivity specifications (e.g. bandwidth, route, media, diversity, etc.)
- Research and compare commercially-available offerings, partnering with a broad portfolio of carriers to design optimal solutions at best pricing.
- Prepare, present, and maintain documentation including: Request for Quote, business case/purchasing justification for service orders, circuit path/design information, letters of authorization, network connectivity, carrier support and escalation procedures, etc. Document each solution for ongoing management and support. Audit and update existing documentation to maintain relevance.
- Present recommendations to stakeholders based on in-depth analysis of service characteristics including path, throughput, resiliency, latency, and other key service levels.
- Negotiate contract terms and shepherd agreements through Legal and Purchasing approval processes
- Manage service delivery with providers. Coordinate cross connects. Certify services for production leveraging industry-best-practice test suites & equipment.
- Manage providers to escalate and resolve concerns related to reliability, service levels, account management, etc. Research & escalate provider billing issues as needed.
- Continually review the overall connectivity portfolio, regularly renewing or replacing services as appropriate for cost savings, right-sizing, or WAN reorganization to adjust to the evolving communication needs across the organization.
Desired Experience & Knowledge:
- Design experience in specifying, engineering, implementing, maintaining, and supporting diverse physical wide area network solutions for voice and data services.
- Experience managing international carriers, negotiating connectivity contracts, escalating problems and work order requests through vendors.
- Proficiency with telecommunications digital test sets especially for RFC2544 Ethernet certification, OTDR, light meters, etc.
- LAN/WAN internetworking knowledge, including understanding of routing/switching and TCP/IP. Experience in basic network design and troubleshooting technical issues.
- Displays a high level of initiative – proactive and independent.
- Excellent organizational, time management and service delivery skills. Proven leadership skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities with shifting workloads and timelines in a fast- paced environment. Experience in managing projects of large scope and size. Consistently and thoroughly documents work.
- Logical/methodical approach to fault finding.
- Able to work off-hours as needed.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills. Able to establish rapport with all levels of employees, vendors, and customers. Ability to work effectively with people located in remote locations.
- Demonstrates a passion for customer service and a desire to provide the highest level of support to Customers.
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.