Research Infrastructure (RI) and Research Data Management (RDM) provide critical data services to enable research driven trading opportunities. As a DevOps Engineer on the team, you will help manage data pipelines that vary from direct captures at exchanges to esoteric datasources from vendors. The data is is of the highest value to our traders and challenging in both scale and diversity. We manage streams of data with 100's of billions of messages a day.
- We believe in relentless automation of repetitive tasks.
- We have the curiosity and drive to dig deep and find creative solutions.
- We believe our goal is to find the right solution rather than always being right.
- We give developers the tools and guidance to positively impact the business.
- We care more that the right thing is done than about rigid job descriptions or boundaries.
- Own and improve patterns, processes, and standards for migrating applications to Kubernetes platform.
- Work with RI and RDM teams to ensure a successful onboarding of applications into DRW’s Kubernetes platform.
- Configure, manage and maintain various AWS services used in the development process.
- Relentlessly automate repetitive manual tasks.
Some of the key skills
- Years of Kubernetes and Linux operations experience.
- Working knowledge of networking fundamentals.
- Experience with git, ansible, docker.
- Experience automating deployments using CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with AWS stack (primarily S3, EC2, EKS, MKS).
- A service focused attitude: you ask questions and focus on getting the right resources and solutions to people instead of rigid boundaries.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You can work independently but prefer working as a team.
Additional skills or experience which enhance consideration for this role
- Experience with Argo Workflows.
- Experience with Rancher, Harbor, Concourse, Flux, Ceph, NetApp Trident.
- Experience developing, deploying, and supporting full stack applications.
- Experience with multiple programming languages in both greenfield development and legacy maintenance.