DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
Our Trade Execution team is looking for a passionate C++ Software Developer to develop new and improve existing low latency trading systems. You will be integral in the interaction between various research and trading teams and you will have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies.
You’ll feel right at home if you:
- Have significant experience developing high-availability systems in C++ and Java with very tight latency constraints
- Have a background in multi-threaded programming and a strong understanding of hardware/software interaction
- Are comfortable working “under the hood” and you are quite skilled in performance tuning (applications, Linux, socket I/O, etc.) and troubleshooting
- Have a strong understanding of C++11/14/17, boost, STL
- Have strong understanding of software development principles (OO design, TDD, etc)
- Have strong inter-personal skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment with cross-functional teams
- Possess self-motivation, curiosity and passion for technology
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills in English
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience working in the trading industry or another ultra-low latency sensitive business that involves solving remarkably complex problems
- Experience working with Research teams and Quants
- Experience of full life-cycle software development utilizing exotic hardware/software architectures for ultra-low latency trading systems
- Experience working with the Tbricks trading platform
- Have solid understanding of options pricing and trading
What you’ll be working on:
- Building and maintaining a low latency options trading system
- Building scalable and performant software using software engineering best practices
- Implementing strategies of the quant research and trading teams
- Driving projects and leading new initiatives
- Actively engage with others on the development team to resolve challenging design and coding issues
- Analyzing end-user needs and business goals to design and develop new features.
- Evaluating appropriate new technologies, tools, frameworks and software components for integration
What DRW Montreal has to offer you:
- Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Employers for the past 8 years
- Committed to continuous learning & development
- Industry leading benefits package and perks
- Focused on employee well-being and work-life balance
- Community initiatives, volunteer program and opportunities for giving back
Find out more about all of our perks & benefits here
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.