DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
We are currently looking for a talented Accounts Payable professional to join our Accounting & Finance team in our Chicago headquarters office.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Verify and match invoices against purchase orders in the eRequester purchasing system
- Process non-purchase order invoices in the purchasing system
- Utilize Concur (travel & expense system) to process expense reports
- Coordinate with Purchasing team to resolve billing issues and any outstanding questions
- Create new supplier records in MS Dynamics Great Plains accounting system
- Assist in 5-day payables and accrual close process
- Perform complex allocations
- Prepare ad hoc reports
- Assist in yearly 1099 processing
- Open and sort mail; file documents as needed
- Make regular deposits into bank accounts, both electronically and physically
- Make monthly journal entries for various accruals and reclasses
- Provide support and answer questions on expenses when needed
What’s needed in this role:
- Strong Accounting knowledge and previous Accounts Payable experience highly preferred
- Previous experience working with MS Dynamics Great Plains strongly preferred; previous experience creating journal entries is a plus
- Previous experience with Microsoft Office (especially Excel) preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are critical
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented
- Must have high level of enthusiasm and initiative and strong follow through
- Proven ability to handle deadlines in a constantly evolving environment
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.